Effective April 2018
The Council of International Schools (CIS)
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organisation providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS BELIEFS AND VALUES
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The Communications Coordinator is based at the CIS office in Leiden, the Netherlands. S/he influences the overall success of CIS, working collaboratively with the Director of Membership Strategy & Communications and the three service area Directors in the organisation-wide implementation of marketing and communications programmes and evaluation of programme results. The Communications Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Membership & Communications for overall results.
- Create content for CIS communications programmes including organisational blog, internal and external newsletters. Solicit ideas from colleagues, interview members, write content, format, and edit final stories. Develop stories that support the CIS mission and organisational objectives.
- Write content for marketing programmes to promote our services, including brochures, announcements, emails, posters, social media posts, landing pages and webpages. Customize messages for unique audiences.
- Design lead generation programmes to capture and nurture leads for various services.
- Manage email marketing tool, creating and sending email blasts following industry best practices and measuring results.
- Apply the CIS design to organisational materials, keep templates up-to-date, post and share resources for staff, troubleshoot issues in using CIS brand elements and work with external members to apply the brand to their own materials. Keep brand guidelines up-to-date and create toolkits to assist staff with applying the brand.
- Provide marketing support to promote attendance at CIS events. Create motivational messages for different audiences and promote via email, newsletters and social media announcements. Support communications to event attendees after registration as they prepare to attend an event.
- Create branded materials for events including signage, banners, and PowerPoint templates.
- Format presentations for the global team to deliver at worldwide conferences using CIS design templates and design assets.
- Oversee implementation of social media programmes and contribute to the overall strategy. Create and collect content working with staff across the organisation, manage schedule and posts and oversee analysis and metrics.
- Manage the organisational testimonial programme, a collection of member quotes, case studies and stories. Define organisational needs, support outreach programmes including interviewing members, writing stories and capturing videos to create testimonials. Manage the database of testimonials for use in communications programmes and be the main point of contact across the organisation for member stories.
- Coordinate and track results for various marketing programs. Contribute feedback to the analysis and develop reports to share across the organisation.
- Work with external vendors and agencies as needed.
- Participate in various cross-organisational project teams to support the achievement of strategies and objectives.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or vocational degree in a relevant professional or educational field.
- 3-6 years of professional experience in marketing or communications is required; experience working within the field of education and for global organisations is preferred.
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills. The ability to write expressively and persuasively in English is required.
- Experience developing, managing and measuring marketing programmes is required including email marketing campaigns, lead generation programmes, and social media campaigns.
- Proven ability to write marketing copy for campaigns, brochures and webpages for different audiences.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills are required. Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literacy is required, including experience with business software including Microsoft Office and online communications tools for meetings and webinars. Experience and the ability to input, retrieve and maintain data in a Salesforce CRM environment.
- Experience using design software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) to create marketing materials including ads, banners and templates is required.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience in using social media for business use.
- Strong time management, organisational and administration skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively solve problems.
- Experience formatting marketing materials including brochures, website graphics, posters, and other collateral.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, including the ability to work with a remote, diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; knowledge of global audiences.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a team player.
- Interest in other cultures and appreciation of diversity.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged on a contractual basis for one year, subject to renewal.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant‘s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the top two candidates for confidential statements. Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to CISCommunications@cois.org
Deadline for receipt of application: 28 January 2018