Higher Education Services Administrator
Effective February 2018
The Council of International Schools (CIS)
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organisation providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS BELIEFS AND VALUES
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The Higher Education Services Administrator is based at the CIS office in Leiden, the Netherlands, working collaboratively with a diverse team of professional staff and member volunteers to provide high-quality membership and support services which facilitate international admission and guidance at the university undergraduate level. S/he provides support to Higher Education institutions, School Counsellors and individuals as they register for professional development events and student recruitment fairs and tours. The Administrator is responsible to the Director of Higher Education Services for overall results.
Work collaboratively with CIS staff on all aspects of planning, implementation and registration for a range of Higher Education events and Membership Services:
- Support members through all aspects of the event registration process;
- Set up and manage mobile applications for events;
- Set up, administer and produce event surveys and reports;
- Work with the Higher Education and Communications teams to develop and send event communications;
- Prepare, assemble and ship materials to events;
- Provide general support to members as they access a range of services and products online;
- Provide on-site event support as requested and scheduled.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or educational vocational degree required.
- 2+ years of professional office experience is required; experience working within the field of education for a global organisation is preferred.
- Data management proficiency.
- International living or working experience desired.
- Technically competent; ease and facility with technology tools and platforms.
- Outstanding organisational administrative skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong service orientation to support colleagues with discretion and diplomacy.
- Well-developed social, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Prioritisation skills and a focus on completion of work.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a professional manner.
- Disposition and understanding to effectively serve the needs of a multi-national organization.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a team player.
- Well-developed cultural perspective to bridge differences.
- Well-developed and demonstrated English skills, both speaking and writing.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee of CIS.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant‘s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees for confidential statements.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions.
Preferred starting date: February 2018
Applications and enquiries should be directed to CIS Human Resources via email: email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday 4 December 2017