Area of expertise provided as part of the CIS Affiliated Consultant Network:
- Curriculum Design and Delivery
- Student Wellbeing: Protection, Safety, & Security
- Susie March works with schools in curriculum design and delivery and student wellbeing: protection, safety, & security. Read her latest research, Protecting Children by Developing an Effective Sex and Relationship (SRE) Program in International Schools
- SRE Article: Review on Sexual rights and sexual risks among online youth
Susie March has worked exclusively with international schools for the past ten years. She has a wealth of experience delivering both to students and staff in schools and through professional development workshops across the world. Her holistic and developmentally-appropriate approach to Child Protection through Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) is specific to internationals schools and the unique cultures within which they operate.
Susie works with students to empower them to take responsibility for their own sexual health, social and emotional well-being by providing the information, skills and values needed to build healthy, happy and respectful relationships. Cultural sensitivities to sexuality education is improved by parental involvement, facilitated through her parent information sessions.
She supports and works with school administrations to improve teacher training standards and professional development. Her objective is to help teachers confidently implement an age-appropriate, whole-school approach, to CSE. She has also worked on policy development, curriculum planning and implementation.
As a CIS Affiliated Consultant, she collaborates with the Council of International Schools (CIS), offering training on strategies for addressing the new Child Protection accreditation standards. These include physical abuse, grooming, online safety, commercial exploitation and disclosure.
Susie is a regular speaker and facilitator at educational conferences hosted by organisations such as ECIS, AAIE and TAISI.
Based in Munich in Germany, Susie originally qualified in 1986 as a Registered General Nurse (RGN) within the UK’s National Health Service, and specialised in sexual health, women's health and family planning.
Susie delivers services to schools in a variety of different ways:
- Policy Development and Curriculum Design: Development of CSE policy and programmes within International Schools involving consultation with Students, Parents, Faculty, Management team, School Director, Board and local external supporting agencies.
- Professional Faculty Development: Ensuring faculty are equipped to navigate sensitive SRE content with students and parents, understanding the attitude and mindset required to address and deliver these topics in the challenging classroom environment.
- Classroom workshops: Delivering an interactive, tailor-made curriculum to both students and parents. Topics ranging from the complexities of friendships and safeguarding issues to the 5th Grade, all the way to leaving home and the international bubble to the 12th Grade (a complete range of topics is available on request).