Career & Recruitment Events
We place a high value on helping schools strengthen their recruitment practices while also supporting you as a candidate when you are interested in a vacancy at a CIS member school. Based on feedback from our members we are excited to offer two career & recruitment events on two continents in the coming year.
NEW! Bangkok | 29 – 30 October 2018
Are you interested in developing critical skills to lead schools interculturally while learning more about effective recruitment practices? Join us for this unique conference where you can develop your skills and network as you prepare for new leadership positions. CIS experts and industry speakers will discuss:
- Insights and strategies for effective leadership recruitment in international schools
- Building your school reputation as a place where innovative, culturally competent leaders want to work
- Developing your own intercultural skills and those of your leadership team
- Strengthening your child protection strategy to create a safe organizational culture
In addition to professional development workshops you will have the opportunity to meet with school leaders from around the world who are recruiting for leadership positions at their school. Open positions will be advertised prior to the event and we can help you prepare for interviews. You will also build your own professional network with leaders from CIS Member schools.
We are introducing this event based on the requests of many of our member schools. By combining professional development, networking and the recruitment of leaders into a two-day conference, you will optimize your time out of office.
Career & Recruitment Fair
New Dates! London | 4 - 6 April 2019
Our career & recruitment fair is a dynamic, exciting event that brings together international school leaders and educators from around the world for recruitment, networking and professional development.
You will meet with leaders from CIS member schools and interview for open positions during this two-day event. In addition to finding positions, candidates have told us that the CIS Career & Recruitment Fair stands apart from other fairs because they gain confidence, learn interview techniques, and understand the diverse range of opportunities to teach internationally through a range of dynamic workshops and talks. The fair provides a unique opportunity to meet and interview with many school leaders in one location and build your network for the future. During the event, you will learn more about CIS schools and their unique cultures from the school leaders directly.
Registration information will be available in late 2018.
On the Road...
The CIS team regularly attends global and regional events, where we meet candidates and school leaders and lead career workshops. If you have the opportunity to attend these events, look for our team and be sure to connect with us!
- Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) Annual Leadership Conference
- Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS) Annual Conference
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Annual Conference
- Swiss Group of International School (SGIS) Annual Conference
- British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) Conference
- Central & Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA) Conference
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Asia Pacific Conference
- East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) Teachers’ Conference
- CIS Child Protection Workshops