|Posted - 29 November 2017||<Back|
Exciting opportunity to lead a dynamic, evolving and highly regarded school on the verge of a unique growth phase in Paris.
We are looking for a strong proven leader with vision and ambition to guide our school in the fulfillment of its strategic plan.
Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills to navigate and cultivate our multicultural environment and the broader community are essential.
Join us in our passion about the future of education and commitment to developing life-long learners.
international school of paris
head of school
effective July 2018
What We Do
The International School of Paris is the only IB Continuum World School in France offering all three programs. Building on our fifty-three years of experience providing an exceptional education in the heart of Paris, we are on the road to becoming an influential leader in international learning.
Last year ISP launched its new Strategic Plan, founded on its vision: Educating for Complexity. ISP’s Guiding Statements focus on the development of the whole student into an active, inquisitive, imaginative, healthy learner ready to engage with the uncertainties of an increasingly complex world.
As part of the Strategic Plan, ISP’s new research initiatives bring prominent educational thinkers to share ideas, and more importantly, allow teachers to bring their own research into the classroom. Our research impacts international education through our annual research conference and our role as the Paris IB workshop host.
Hand-in-hand with the implementation of the Strategic Plan, ISP has embarked on a reaccreditation with the International Baccalaureate, the Council of International Schools, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The culmination of this whole-community effort will be new accreditations in early 2019 under their latest protocols of the preeminent educational agencies in the world.
Where We Are
ISP takes full advantage of three campuses clustered in the heart of Paris to provide a safe, vibrant, and truly cosmopolitan educational environment. Each campus provides the latest in classroom design and technology in a welcoming environment.
|ISP’s Primary Campus is on a quiet street of belle epoque “Hôtels Particuliers” adjacent to the leafy Jardin du Ranelagh.|
|ISP's Secondary Campus sits in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower just one block from the River Seine. In its modern, glass-walled classrooms and airy rooftop art studio, students explore their world with confidence and creativity.|
In June 2018, ISP will open its third campus to house ISP’s Middle Years Program and main administrative functions. Its three buildings will provide additional instructional and meeting space to allow for student body growth and the expansion of ISP’s burgeoning research and community outreach activities. The premier building on the campus, a 19th century Parisian “Hotel Particulier” originally designed by the renowned architect Leon Salvan, presents a stunning neo-gothic exterior which belies the state-of-the-art science labs and cutting edge media center that will be found inside.
Who We Are
The International School of Paris community is a welcoming, open-minded and generous group comprised of over 60 nationalities. We speak a multitude of languages and represent cultures from all over the globe.
Students are encouraged to use creativity and imagination in their learning and educators do the same by embracing change.
As the educational and operational leader of International School of Paris, the Head of School reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for ensuring the effective academic and administrative leadership of the school, the well-being of its students and for driving the growth of the school community in line with our strategic plan.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision and Overall Leadership
- Articulate, sustain, and enhance the International School of Paris’s Vision and Mission.
- Lead, further develop and bring into action the strong, ambitious and visionary school strategic and expansion plans.
- Maintain and build on the school’s reputation for excellence while ensuring that the school continues to grow and evolves its dynamic learning environment in its specific cultural setting.
- Maintain the highest academic standards by serving as the educational leader of the school.
- Ensure that the faculty and staff are challenged and mentored by their respective leaders through recruitment, motivation, evaluation, and ongoing professional development.
- Further develop the school’s educational research position
- Take an active interest in students, and foster a warm and open environment that is responsive to their needs and the needs of the school community as a whole.
- Be an engaged and accessible presence within the School and an effective spokesperson and ambassador outside the school, locally and internationally.
- Develop further advancement and fundraising
- Ensure the continued financial well-being of the school, overseeing the preparation and effective administration of the operating budget, and managing the physical facilities.
- Continually enhance program delivery for students, working closely with the Board and Advancement Committee on innovative fundraising and advancement projects.
- Proven track record of successful and visionary leadership in a top-level administrative position in international education
- Trained Post Graduate with outstanding academic background
- Strong knowledge and experience of IB educational philosophy
- Proven capacity to deliver high quality academic programs
- Ability to appreciate and operate within French Culture and to navigate the demands of the French administrative environment
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and written communication within and outside the school community, knowledge of French language is highly desirable
- Maturity to build strong relationships with prominent outside stakeholders.
- High ethical standards
- Extensive experience in re-accreditation processes
- Sound management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and determine priorities to meet deadlines
- Administrative experience and managerial skills to develop and control the school's budget
- Experience working collaboratively with School Board(s)
- Ability to identify, hire, supervise, appraise, motivate and retain outstanding teachers and administrators
ADDITIONAL LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
- Strong, self-confident leader who will lead by example through all levels of the organization
- Approachable interpersonal style and will be a visible presence on campus and in the community in a multicultural environment
- Sincere and passionate commitment to students in every aspect of their education and welfare
- Ability to promote warm and trusting relationships with parents, students, teachers, non-teaching staff, Board members and alumni
- Enthusiastic, positive, energetic and optimistic
CIS is delighted to announce that International School of Paris has retained CIS, represented by Pauline O’Brien in consultation and with support of the CIS Leadership and the School Support & Evaluation Teams, to lead the search for a Head of School.
Leaders who are interested in this opportunity, should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full Leadership Search Services application procedure.
Candidates who already have an up-to-date leadership portfolio with CIS, should submit a cover letter of application.
If the School receives an outstanding application, the Selection Committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date below. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Finalists will be invited to Paris for final interview to meet with the Search Committee, Board and constituent groups of the community, with the intention of making an appointment as soon as possible.
The application deadline is 20 December 2017
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.