|Posted - 23 November 2017||<Back|
Dream, achieve, celebrate, unite…
Head of School
effective August 2018
- a strategic, analytical and visionary leader;
- a strong communicator, skilled in building and maintaining positive relationships within the wider school community;
- ready for the challenge of driving a school’s positive momentum as it practices a progressive IB philosophy, committed to student-centered teaching and learning?
If yes, D Y Patil International School, Belgium (DYP) could be your perfect match.
DYP teaches students to be world citizens to give them an edge in a competitive world. The school is located close to Antwerp and is a part of a global group of schools, universities and educational institutes. The D Y Patil group strongly believes that world-class education is the stepping-stone to progress. With a long-standing commitment towards quality teaching and learning, the group has nurtured values that go into the making of successful careers. The group believes in imparting education that will build world citizens of tomorrow.
The School’s Guiding Statements are as follows:
- Dream: We foster creativity and curiosity, cultivating open-mindedness and individual reflection. We are engaged in school life as well as the life of the larger community. We set the building blocks of life-long learning and become active global citizens.
- Achieve: Dedication is required for dreams to become reality. We value achievement. Learning pathways meet a variety of interests, abilities and aspirations. We continually strive for academic excellence, building on previous successes and constantly improving learning.
- Celebrate: We celebrate our diversity, celebrate our achievements and we have fun together.
- Unite: As part of a global education group we have a unique role in bridging continents, uniting cultures, exchanging ideas and fostering friendships for a better world.
In the Preschool, literacy and numeracy is developed through the Early Years Programme taught in conjunction with Cambridge Primary Maths and English. Dutch is introduced from the very beginning. In the Primary School, Maths, English and Science are delivered through Cambridge.
History, geography, information & communications technology and the Arts are introduced through the International Primary Curriculum. These subjects are woven into the core topics, so students learn to apply their knowledge across different disciplines.
In the Middle School, students follow the Cambridge Secondary 1 curricula for English, Mathematics and Science. Progress in these core subjects is assessed throughout, as they work towards the Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations at the end of Class 8.
For the first two years of Senior School students undertake the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE). They sit a broad range of subjects, learning to think creatively and critically while refining their problem-solving skills. For the final two years of school, students follow the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is linked to the IB Core.
D Y Patil International School, Belgium is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). The school holds CIS Accreditation at the centre of its collaborative improvement work.
During a recent preliminary visit, CIS visitors noted that conversations “were filled with substantive evidence regarding the on-going growth and development of DYPIS, but just as impressively, they provided evidence of the strong, positive community spirit which prevails among a broad range of stakeholders”.
The Head of School provides leadership in pursuing the school’s mission, within the Guiding Statements and Board Policy framework. In addition to working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Head of School works closely with the Leadership Team in ensuring smooth day to day operation, continual improvement of student achievement, as well as long-term direction.
Preferred Qualifications and Leadership Experience
- Master’s Degree in educational leadership
- Relevant leadership experience in an international IB school
- A track record of successful pedagogical and instructional leadership
- A track record of successful strategic planning and development of educational vision and implementation
- Experience working in a European context (preferred but not essential)
Attributes and Skills
The applicant will:
- Support the mission and goals of the school with integrity and transparency in communication, relationships, and operations
- Be a strategic, analytical leader who will work cooperatively with the Board of Trustees in crafting the school’s future path
- Ensure the effectiveness and excellence of the school’s educational vision and mission using data-driven decision making
- Understand the advantages of a boutique school, that practices a progressive IB philosophy, committed to student-centered teaching and learning
- Be a visible leader immersed in the life of the school, committed to the healthy development of children and adolescents in an environment of guided, rigorous, independent and differentiated learning
- Lead, coach and inspire the School Leadership Team in executing the strategic plan
- Further strengthen a collaborative and united professional culture through instructional leadership
- Keep abreast of best practices and innovations in education including the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Recruit, retain and motivate staff with particular attention to the quality and engagement of professional learning
- Be a personable, authentic individual whose networking skills will help build strong relationships with feeder schools and other local IB and independent schools
- Be an articulate and effective communicator with a capacity to advance the school in the wider community, representing DYP International School with vision and passion
- Communicate effectively with DYP families and alumni, our local community and the global educational community
- Look to a sustained commitment well beyond the initial contract
- Be able to operate effectively in either Dutch or French (preferred but not essential)
- Sense of humor
- High energy levels, performance driven
- Active listener and learner
- Compassionate and fair
- Can-do attitude, hands-on approach
- Open-minded, culturally inclusive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem Solver, solution-driven
Salary and Benefits
The Board offers a competitive salary and benefits package that will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
CIS is delighted to announce that D Y Patil International School, Belgium (DYP) has retained CIS, represented by Pauline O’Brien in consultation and with support of the CIS Leadership and the School Support & Evaluation Teams, to lead the search for a Head of School.
Leaders who are interested in this opportunity, please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
Candidates who already have an up-to-date leadership portfolio with CIS, should submit a cover letter of application.
If the School receives an outstanding application, the Selection Committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date below. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Finalists will be invited to Belgium for final interview to meet with the Search Committee, Board and constituent groups of the community, with the intention of making an appointment as soon as possible.
Sunday 31 December 2017
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.