CHILD PROTECTION FOUNDATION WORKSHOP | AMSTERDAM
Dates: 30 November - 1 December 2017
Location: International School of Amsterdam – Centre for Development, Learning and Technology, Sportlaan 45, 1185 TB Amstelveen, Netherlands
CIS Child Protection Workshops - a series of workshops to raise awareness and improve practices within school and university communities
Register for one or both workshops. Participants are strongly urged to attend a Foundation Workshop before registering for a Deep Dive Workshop.
CIS CHILD PROTECTION FOUNDATION WORKSHOP…A COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW
- Strand 1 for School Leaders: School Policies and Practices - Implementation
- Strand 2 for Counsellors, Nurses and Teachers: Curriculum, Education and Student Support Services and Outcomes
CIS has enlisted a team of child protection experts to educate and support leaders, counsellors and teachers in preparation for the global implementation of core Accreditation Standards for Child Protection. Schools will gain a broad understanding about building a robust safeguarding programme. Four comprehensive workshops will take place across the world in the coming year to provide broad regional access to training.
- Ensure school communities possess knowledge and understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse.
- Develop understanding and common interpretation of the new Accreditation Standards to support the development of effective policies and practices.
- Focus on challenges facing school communities as they strive to interpret various cultural attitudes and actions in addressing forms of abuse.
- Defining and Understanding the Causes and Practices of Sexual Abusers
- Managing Allegations/Investigating Abuse in a School Community
- Empowering Student Voice: Developing Awareness and Protective Skills
HOW TO REGISTER:
- CIS member: If you are employed at a CIS member school or university, register via the CIS Community Portal to receive the exclusive member event fee.
- CIS affiliated consultant and supporting member: Please register using the link you were sent in your email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Non-member school: If you are currently employed at a K-12/high school that is not a member of CIS, learn how to register.
Monday 20 November 2017
- CIS members - €500.00
- Non-members - €600.00