CIS SYMPOSIUM ON INTERCULTURAL LEARNING | LISBON
Dates: 23 & 24 March 2018
Location: Carlucci American International School of Lisbon, Portugal
CIS will host two regional symposiums in 2018 tailored to international school leaders and aspiring leaders focused on the development of intercultural learning. Presenters from the university and school communities versed in the latest research and successful practice will lead interactive sessions and workshops incorporating practical ideas that school leaders can implement.
The Symposium programme will consist of sessions relevant to all participants along with the opportunity to select one of the following strands:
- Whole school global citizenship: Designing and implementing effective strategy
- Moving beyond international mindedness: Teaching and learning strategies for global citizenship
By attending the Symposium you will have the opportunity to interact with experienced international school leaders, researchers, and thought leaders involved in innovative and proven practice that promotes intercultural learning in schools.
The registration fee includes:
- Keynote and Plenary addresses from leading experts
- Interactive workshop-style strand sessions focused on topics of interest. Choose from the following strands:
- Strand A: Whole school global citizenship: Designing and implementing effective strategy
- Strand B: Moving beyond international mindedness: Teaching and learning strategies for global citizenship
- Focused topics through strand model
- Practical ideas for school leaders
- Lunches, breaks and an evening reception