AREAS OF EXPERTISE PROVIDED AS PART OF THE CIS AFFILIATED CONSULTANT NETWORK:
- Student Wellbeing: Protection, Safety, & Security
- Read Tim’s latest article, Are Children Safe at School?
Tim Gerrish is a highly committed and commended International Child Protection expert with extensive experience in advising on risk management issues and investigations. He specialises in conducting child protection audits as well as developing and delivering top class training on child safeguarding for international schools and high profile organisations. He has excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to network and build relationships within different sectors to garner support and influence policy and practice. Tim is a proactive leader and trainer who is passionate about building partnerships in an effort to ensure children are better protected globally.
Tim’s background is in law enforcement with 30years experience as a detective with Scotland Yard in London. He was head of the UK National Criminal Intelligence Service Serious Sex Offender unit before working with the Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre (CEOP). At CEOP his role was Head of International Partnerships focusing on programmes of capacity building for the organisation, working with international schools, foreign governments, law enforcement agencies and child protection practitioners overseas. He has
extensive experience of working within Southern and South East Asia as well as Europe, Africa and numerous other countries.
Honours and Awards
- June 2013: Awarded an OBE by her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II for services to International Child Protection.
- 2011-2012: Two commendations from the CEO of CEOP for work in the area of International Child Protection
- 2006 Commendation from the Director General of NCIS for Leadership and Management of the Serious Sex Offenders Unit
- Two Metropolitan Police Commissioners Commendations received for Detective ability
- Queens Police Long Service and Good Conduct medal awarded
International Child Protection Advisors Ltd
International Child Protection Advisors (ICPA) are committed to meeting the specific child protection and safeguarding needs of the International Schools and organisations that we work with around the world, helping them to manage the risks and maintain the highest standards.
ICPA works with International Schools in the development and planning for a safer school where the responsibilities set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child to protect children from all forms of abuse are met.
We offer advice and create customised support with tailored solutions to the different risks faced by International Schools, by developing policies and codes of conduct for all staff. We assist in the implementation of your core values where children are concerned, by design and delivery of bespoke training for your team.
Our Services include:
- Provide a discovery audit for your school of the current safeguarding measures in place, identify any gaps and risks
- Develop strategies to reduce identified risk through the provision of an action plan for implementation.
- Develop and strengthen your child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Review of existing policies on recruitment, codes of conduct
- Advice on reporting issues at international/national/local levels
- Staff induction and specialist training for all your staff
- How to recognise signs of abuse and respond to disclosures by children
- Look at third party stakeholder engagement and any risks
- Awareness raising for teachers, children and parents (online and offline risks)
- Provide advice and guidance on internal investigations
- Advice on the management of reputational risks and management of cases with the authorities.
- Advice on monitoring and implementation of all the above
Visit www.icpa.co.uk to find out more about our services
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your specific requirements.